My photo
Vancouver, WA, United States
I'm a wonderful baker & a Mom. I'm a lil' obsession with chocolate, so I figured why not blog about it. I am the Owner of Jensina's Bakery at http://JensinasBakery.blogspot.com, it is my in-home cookies, cake & cake pops business. FYI: I am no longer selling cookies at the BattleGround Farmers Market, Jen's Sweets is closed. Jensina's Bakery is now OPEN.

4/5/12

Life is a piece of... cupcake!


I was looking around at Bakerella.com and found these little gems. I just had to make my own.
Melt chocolate candy melts in microwave per directions on package.
Using a spoon or squeeze bottle, fill each mold cavity with a small amount of chocolate.
 
Go ahead and place one of your rolled balls into it. Carefully push it down until the force causes the chocolate to push up and fill in around the sides of the ball. 
Here is a close up. 
 
You may need to slightly turn your cake ball to push the chocolate up and fill in around the sides of the ball. 
Place the mold tray filled with cupcakes in the freezer for just a few minutes to let the chocolate set. 
Remove and then gently pull up on the cake ball top to release from candy mold. If the cake balls are breaking, flip the mold over and tap them out.

Now, holding the bottom of the cupcake, dip the top in another color of melted chocolate. 
 
Dip completely. You may need to use a spatula to get some spots covered. 
Now decorate! Add on the sprinkles.  Add on one M&M.
 
TaDa! 
Here a few of the finished cupcake.
 
I don't like the color purple I ended up using & OVERALL it was a little messy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Corbin wanted to dip one too, so we rolled up his sleeves... 
 

He was doing such a good job, until I told him I was going to take it from him, he let go & it fell in...
but I saved it and we decorated it! Say 'cheese'! I luv it when he helps!