My photo
Vancouver, WA, United States
I'm a wonderful baker & a Mom. I'm a lil' obsession with chocolate, so I figured why not blog about it. I am the Owner of Jensina's Bakery at http://JensinasBakery.blogspot.com, it is my in-home cookies, cake & cake pops business. FYI: I am no longer selling cookies at the BattleGround Farmers Market, Jen's Sweets is closed. Jensina's Bakery is now OPEN.

6/5/12

Lovely Coconut Macaroons




Coconut Macaroons (my treasured recipe)
  2         egg whites
¼ cup honey
½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups packed unsweetened shredded coconut
pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slightly whisk together egg whites, honey, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until combined. By hand, stir in coconut until completely moistened.
Using the black ice cream scoop, scoop the coconut mixture, then place about 2 inches apart onto baking sheet, flatten into disks or keep as balls.
Bake until pale golden in some spots, about 15 minutes, rotate half way through baking.
Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Decorate however you'd like. I choose to melt some chocolate & pipe lovely hearts.