My photo
Vancouver, WA, United States
I'm a wonderful baker & a Mom. I'm a lil' obsession with chocolate, so I figured why not blog about it. I am the Owner of Jensina's Bakery at http://JensinasBakery.blogspot.com, it is my in-home cookies, cake & cake pops business. FYI: I am no longer selling cookies at the BattleGround Farmers Market, Jen's Sweets is closed. Jensina's Bakery is now OPEN.

5/2/12

We also made Mickey Mouse Cake Pops!

After those cute birthday cupcakes, I made some Mickey Mouse silottes cake pops for his birthday guests. 
I mixed chocolate cake with some white cake I made colored blue for cupcakes I made earlier this week, so don’t be alarmed.
I am using Wilton dark chocolate Candy Melts, make sure you save enough to make the ears.
 
In order to make my chocolate as black as possible, I used a tub of Duff’s black candy writers.
Boil these to soften the chocolate, but watch out when you remove them. Its hot, I used tongs.
 
 
I used a small cutter to trim the ears (its the same small round cutter as I've used many times before).
 
Stick the ears on the slightly on the side of the cake pop, not directly on top.
Thanks for the inspiration and step-by-step help along the way Bakerella!  
I was reffering to her blog  (www.BAKERELLA.com)  the entire time.
 
Place them back in the fridge to set up. 
In order to have enough room to pid Mickey Mouse’s head I moved my chocolate into a wider cup, 
you can use a coffee mug or any wide cup (I used a slurpee cup)
I added a tablespoon of vegetable oil to my chocolate. 
Remove one at a time. Dip the entire cake pop in one quick motion. You don’t want the chocolate ears to melt in the cup.
  
Corbin completely adored these cake pops!